Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sandwiches and Champagne

Amparo took me on an adventure this afternoon. We had been planning this all week. After lunch, we walked to Barceloneta along Avenue Parallel. As we walked, she pointed out the building where she used to work before she retired. I think she was a secretary in an emergency room of the hospital, but I'm not completely sure. She pointed out the places where they used to have lunch or meet up after work. I really enjoyed learning about her life before retirement. It took us an hour to walk, but it didn't feel that long because we chatted the whole time.

We had sandwiches and champagne in this little restaurant off a narrow street, hidden in the neighborhood of Barceloneta. There were no tables, just tons of people standing at the counter eating sandwiches and drinking champagne. Amparo told me she's been going there for 40 years. We each had two hot sandwiches that were delicious. It was a cool place, and I'm planning on taking some of my friends back to try more kinds of sandwiches. I didn't have my camera this afternoon, but I found some photos online: http://www.qype.co.uk/place/27715-Can-Paixano-Barcelona

No comments:

Post a Comment