Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday in Photos

After school today, I came home for lunch and then Amparo and I both fell asleep on "la terraza." It's been about 70 degrees and sunny for the past week and today was a great day for a nap on the porch. 


I went to a spinning class called "Fit Bike" at the gym near my apartment with my friend Grace this afternoon. This was the second time we've gone spinning. The whole experience is pretty entertaining because we can't keep up with what the instructor is saying, so we just copy what other people are doing. Sometimes we were "sentados" and then he would yell "¡Arriba!" which meant standing and running on the bike. He would also tell us what gear to use, so it was good practice of our Spanish numbers. This is a photo of the gym at night, you can see the spinning room on the second floor. The spinning workout matches the music, kind of like our ab routines at Dartmouth (hi Ari).


After dinner at home, I went out to an American Karaoke place on Avenue Parallel. According to other Dartmouth students who've studied in Barcelona, it was a must-see. This particular karaoke event only happens on Mondays, and our Mondays in Barcelona are numbered. So tonight, we all met at Club Arroyo. Here's a photo of my friends Lucille and Eric on stage rockin out to The Killers!


Did I sing? You may be wondering.

Absolutely not.

...

But Mary and I were excellent backup dancers while Grace and Emily sang Dancing Queen. Look for photos on the blog tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment