Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Food Market Cafe

We've been checking out different cafes near the University for two main reasons:
1. To find the best chocolate croissants in Barcelona
2. Cafes are much better places to study than anywhere I've found at the University

Between classes, Cafe Valenciana and Cosmo Cafe are the best choices. Valenciana is on the same block as the University and has fabulous churros. Cosmo is two streets over and always has fresh fruit and couches in addition to regular tables and chairs. 

On Sundays, I do my weekend homework in Cafe Forn de Cel on Gran Vía, where they give you a free croissant nugget thing with your tea. There's also a little cafe on Rocafort (my street) that always has soccer on TV and has the más barato (cheapest) croissants. There's another cafe on Gran Vía that has outdoor tables perfect for people-watching on sunny days. That one is open late at night and even on holidays when most others are closed. 

This afternoon, my friends brought me to Food Market Cafe, just past the Plaza de Universitat, and it quickly became my favorite. This cafe has it all- baked goods, ice cream, fruit, salads, sandwiches, and a crepes station. Furthermore, the free WiFi was good, there are tables, chairs, AND couches. 

Here's a photo of my nutella and banana crepe. Hard to beat.


Here are some of my friends studying. We're reading a novel in my literature class, and studying together allows us to compare our translations and interpretations of the reading. It's amazing how differently we can translate the same story...


Here's the pastries and bread section.


And the fresh fruits!

Special bonus: I happened upon this link while perusing the internet and it couldn't be more accurate -  

1 comment:

  1. That studying [icture reminds me of my Latin classes where we would get together and compare our translations

    ReplyDelete