Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Muchísimas Gracias

Tonight, Amparo took me out to dinner at the restaurant on top of the Arenas de Torros shopping mall at Plaza de España. Amparo's daughters, Amparo Jr. and Rosa, as well as Rosa's husband, Ramón, and their daughter, Carla, met us for dinner as well. It was a little celebration for finishing (well, almost finishing) my classes and a belated birthday celebration too (because I was traveling for my actual birthday).

As a small token of my appreciation, I printed two pages of photos for Amparo, my fabulous host mom. The top one is a photo of me from the top of Tibidabo, and you can see the entire city and the sea in the background. The second is a collage of photos of Amparo's food, me, and Amparo's two granddaughters, Carla in the top left, and Alicia in the center with me.

The message at the bottom translates as "I'm very blessed to have lived with you and gotten to know you. All my thanks for making me feel like I'm at home. I will never forget my Spring in Barcelona. A big hug, Kelly." I gave her the photos at dinner tonight and she really liked them!


This is the view of Plaza de España, with the Palacio Nacional and the famous Magic Fountains of Montjuic in the top left. Barcelona at night is absolutely beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful for both of you . . . all of you. Be sure to take a picture of Amparo and you together.

    Good luck finishing up. I'll be thinking of you at 2:30 tomorrow.

    Happy and safe travels, and please blog often so we can keep up with your adventures!

    Love,
    Mom
    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete