Friday, August 1, 2014

14,000


I had the best long weekend. Saturday, I had dinner in Ouray and swam in the hot springs before camping in a basin surrounded by breathtaking mountains. 

Sunday, I went rafting on the lower Animas river in Durango and explored silverton. 

Monday, we hiked to the summit of Mt. Sneffels at 14,157'. It was my first 14er, and fittingly we met a guy on top who has hiked all 58 of them. 

Here's a few photos from the hike.

This is me hiking (scrambling) up the very steep trail. Just above this, we hiked through a 200 yard section of snow. 

I made it! Even if I wasn't quite ready for the photo...

Here's my hiking partner on the summit. I accidentally beheaded him, but still a neat pic. 


The Baja at the trailhead in Yankee Boy Basin. Adventure car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment