Monday, June 23, 2014

Hiking on the Grand Mesa

Yesterday I drove up to the Grand Mesa, about an hour from where I live in Fruita. According to the GPS, I parked above 11,000 feet and it was all uphill from there.

I hiked the Crag Crest Trail, in the Grand Mesa National Forest. The hike was awesome - about 2 miles are along an exposed ridge where you can see many miles in every directions. Here are a few photos from my hike. You can read more about where I was here: http://www.gjhikes.com/2010/07/crag-crest-loop.html




 Yes -- there were places where I had to go around snow drifts. But it wasn't cold - I hiked in shorts and a t-shirt.





2 comments:

  1. How far did you hike, and how long did it take?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was about 11 miles total and it took me a little under 4 hours. Great hike!

    ReplyDelete